Team Pro Physique Member SpotlightDerek Stanley - DieHard Rangers Fan | Homegrown Texan | Anti-Carbophobe
by Team Pro Physique / Thursday, July 31, 2014 / Download PDF
- Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
- I want to see a game at every MLB ballpark. I've only been to 3 thus far, but I am just now in a position to where I can actually take some time offand travel more.
- If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose? Why?
- That's a really tough question. I think I would choose to have a young mind. I tell my wife all the time that I will NEVER grow up. That's just my personality. I want to be having fun 24/7.
- It's gym time! What are your essentials?
- Nike Romaleos, Lacrosse ball (for SMR), Iphone (log my workouts and music), Jaybird "blue buds x", and my water bottle. That's really about it.
- The Big 3! Which is your favorite lift? Which are you best at? What are your current numbers?
Squats! I would have to say I'm probably best at bench press though. My numbers are:
- Squat - 355lbs
- Deadlift - 425lbs
- Bench - 295*
- Your Facebook page claims you studied Kinesiology. Tell us something cool and useful.
- Hmmmmm.....something relevant...Your body's center of mass on standing barbbell exercises is directly over the center of your foot. The most efficient and advantageous bar path is a vertical line directly over this point. So if you are doing a squat, deadlift, overhead press, etc., record your form from the side and check your bar path. I think it's one of the most critical things with barbbell exercises.
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life to date? What do you hope to achieve over the next year?
- I think my greatest accomplishment to date is getting married and buying my first home. Over the next year, I plan to begin my Masters of Science in Nutrition and I also want to compete in my first physique competition with the help and expertise of Paul.
- If you had to invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be?
- My wife
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Derek Jeter