Team Pro Physique Member SpotlightJason Parisi - Dedicated Drummer | Srq Sheriff's Aviation Unit Flight Officer | Class Clown
by Team Pro Physique / Thursday, March 26, 2015 / Download PDF
- Totally Awesome that you’re a Firefighter! First and foremost, thank you for putting your life on the line to save others. What’s the best part of your profession?
- I work at the biggest and busiest firehouse in Sarasota (30 runs a shif) It really is a second family because we live with each other for 24hrs at a time and we always have each others back on and off duty! Some days are easier than others, some days expose us to permanent images and scenes we will never able to erase but that's just part of job..... Being there for those that need us in the time of need and seeing them smile at the end of the day with your extended family is the best part of my profession. Sounds corny or whatever you want to call it but I've always wanted to be a firefighter since I was little... 21 years running strong, 7 years to go.
- What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
- A few ladies that lift, the game "twister", chocolate sauce, peanut butter, pre-workout and coffee.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment to date and how has it impacted your life and the lives of those around you?
- Last January I was the biggest I've ever been over indulging anything whenever I felt. June later that year I weighed in at 215 by following macros and felt great. Family & friends around me felt inspired to get in shape.
- What are some fun facts about you?
- I was born and raised in Sarasota Florida. I’ve been a full-time firefighter since I was 17 (I'm 38), own and operate a pressure washing business, clean pools once a week for a friends business, generous, love animals, love to fish (saltwater), shoot guns, photographer, and love to work out. Believe in karma, I don't care who you are we all deserve the same amount of respect and be treated the way you would want to be treated.
- Always wanna know, why Team Prophysique? (Aside from Paul being an awesome coach!)
- Coaches are a dime a dozen. It was important for me to find a reputable coach with proven results that also practiced flexible dieting. I tried clean eating for a few days and found it to be very difficult and dissatisfying. Food is a passion of mine. Growing up in a large Italian family, we were always around the kitchen. Quality and quantity of food was never a problem. But it wasn't always just about food, it was about the family, friends and good times that accompanied. Food is a big part of who I am. I have found that flexible dieting allows me to achieve the results I want without having to change who I am. I had originally hired Paul with the acute goal of dropping body fat, but afer researching and learning more about reverse dieting, I have decided that this is the route I would like to pursue. It's reassuring to see Paul actively continuing his education and his commitment to the bodybuilding community. I feel very fortunate to have a coach like Paul willing to share his wealth of knowledge and take the time to help me achieve my fitness goals. Im super pumped to see what the future will bring being a part of TPP.
- We’ve heard firefighters can cook a mean dish! What is your favorite, macro friendly meal?
- Oh crap.... That's like asking what's your favorite band or song!! I'm half Italian half French Canadian so the first thing that came to mind is pizza or making home made pasta. Flatbread pizza loaded with 8 ounces of turkey breast, buffalo chicken or turkey pepperoni is the best. I can make a mean lean burger decked out with extras. I don't like to guess or ballpark macros, I'm kinda strict so I tend to stray away from the one pot wonders like casseroles.... The guys love my cooking so much they started a recipe book in a 3 ring binder keeping everything I've cooked so when I'm away they can make it while I'm gone. Working in the fire-service is kind of like being part of a gym or "TEAM" that you like\love.
- If you could give the Jason 10 years ago advice, what would you say and why?
- I wish I would of known about powerlifing and IIFYM. If you want to do something DO IT!