Team Pro Physique Member SpotlightKatie Niebel - Athletic Trainer| Devout Christian | Macronator Queen | "NIEBS"
by Team Pro Physique / Thursday, July 17, 2014 / Download PDF
- Tell us something about you we can't find on your Facebook profile.
- I think one of the last experiences which really influenced me was more or less the whole of 2013. I went through a bad breakup, didn't get into school, had a hard time finding a job - and I began I was born 9.5 weeks early and have a mild Cerebral Palsy and the easiest way to explain how that affects me is to put it like this; my muscles have a mind of their own and are always super tight meaning I am in pain a lot of the time...which I know makes the fact that I have chosen bodybuilding as a sport, but I'm stubborn and like a challenge and have always been blessed with a family who told me that I could do anything I wanted to do, even it was a little more difficult. I don't tell this for sympathy, empathy or anything of that nature, just to remind us all that we all have the hand we are dealt in life and good or bad we have to options to embrace the hand and live life or just use the hand you have as an excuse to not live life to the fullest. And I'm a closet group fitness addict, even certified to teach two of my favorite workouts.
- In 5 years, where do you see yourself?
- Every time I get this question I wish I had some sweet answer, but I just want to continue to wake up everyday and enjoy what I'm doing, whether its in regards to training or professionally or whatever. I dream of sharing my story on a larger scale so how to impact even just one person, the way people have poured into my life and be an encouragement to them to take that next step in their journey whatever that may be. I have been the overweight girl, the skinny girl and the girl who still was never happy with what is in the mirror, but I have come to love and accept the girl I am today and I just want other girls to learn the same; I don't know what that will look like, if it is becoming an IFBB Pro and using it as a platform or writing a blog or a book, I don't know , I just want to accomplish that.
- So…You're pretty much deemed the Macro Queen! What are you favorite go to items for Protein, Fats and Carbs?
- Peanut Butter, I'm an addict. Oats and cream of wheat are always a base for my crazy carb killing creations; I always throw in some of weirdest things into my bowls of oats. I love me some sweet potato fries as well and I can't ever have enough potatoes...red, white, purple...I love them all. Proteins are pretty generic, I love chicken, ground turkey and bison, I am not a big red meat fan. I love guac for fats too. My favorite combo of all of them is Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Frank's Pizza and Chicken, a local chain, with their homemade ranch.
- What do you have in that training bad of yours?
- Pretty generic: shoes, versa grips, my pink Cardillo Weight belt, shaker bottles, hair ties, hairbrush, headphones and arm band...just the essentials.
- If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be, what questions would you ask and what would you do?
- Hah, this is a though one. When it all comes down to it, I think this would be one of the international showjumpers I've admired since childhood. Probably Rodrigo Pessoa, as he is one of the best riders that has ever lived and a truly inspiring athlete. I would ask him EVERYTHING, and hopefully we would spend the whole day in the stable trying to teach me as much as possible.
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- Personally I would love to have spent some time with Jesus during his ministry that would have been pretty sweet.
- If you stranded on a deserted island, what 3 items could you not live without?