Team Pro Physique Member SpotlightLana Parker - True Florida Native | Proud Mama of 2 | Beach Volleyball Babe
by Team Pro Physique / Thursday, September 11, 2014 / Download PDF
- What is the most important life lesson you’ve learned and why?
- My greatest life lesson is that you are in charge of your own happiness. You cannot control other people, and there will be struggles that you cannot control. What you can control is your reaction, your attitude, and your Faith. That is why one of my tattoos says “Serenity.” The Serenity Prayer is one of my favorites.
- You are one proud mama and it shows. Go ahead and brag for a minute about your girls!
- My girls! They are amazing! Hands down best thing that ever happened to me was to be blessed to be a mom of twins. They are my best friends. I love to watch them grow and see their talents develop. I can’t imagine my life without them. At their swim meets, I always stand in the same spot during their races. The first thing they do when they finish the race is look over at me. They get a “thumbs up” every time.
- What is the difference between living and existing?
- The difference between living and existing is finding passion in the ordinary.
- Lana’s 5 top proudest moments…and GO!
- Holding my daugher for the first time.
- Graduating with my Masters degree when the twins were 5 years old.
- Hearing Lauren sing the National Anthem at a football game to a standing ovation.
- Flying Ashley to Texas at age 13 to study Physics and Engineering over the summer with a scholarship provided by Duke University.
- My overall resiliency. I always get back up.
- Competing! Where have you come from and where do you hope to go?
- Competing never crossed my mind until maybe two years ago. I have always been a gym rat in one form or another, but never thought of competing. I remember when my friend Matt Rizzo said, “You could do bikini” and I thought, “You’re crazy!” About a year later, I did just that. My goal now is to continue to improve my physique and eventually earn at least National Qualification in bikini. Bikini division is definitely where my heart is!
- If tomorrow you are granted the trip of a lifetime, where would you go and who would you take along for the ride?
- Becoming a Mom relatively young, I haven't had the opportunity to think about travel too much. When my girls are older I would definitely want to do a European tour. I would do it bare bones, like backpacking and staying in hotels. I don’t need frills. Who would I take with me? Hmmmm… that's yet to be determined.