Macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food, but it is not the most macro- friendly dish. We swapped out the cheese for greek yogurt and added some heat with buffalo sauce. As always, you can customize the dish to meet your specific needs by using all cauliflower instead of noodles for a lower carb version. Either way spice up your weekly meal prep with this dish.
• 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless diced chicken breast
• 2 servings (112g) whole wheat pasta, noodle of your choice
• 384g cauliflower
• ¼ cup Frank’s red hot buffalo sauce
• 2 oz. (56g) light cream cheese
• ½ (113g) Fage 0% fat free yogurt or sour cream
• 2 T. (34g) fat free ranch dressing
• 1 serving (28g) fat free feta cheese
• ½ serving (15g) panko bread crumbs
• ¼ tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium-sized pot, boil noodles until al dente according to package directions. Remove noodles only with a slotted spoon, rise and set aside. Cut cauliflower into bitesize florets and boil for 10 minutes.
Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces. Coat a large skillet over medium-high heat with non-stick cooking spray, saute chicken until brown and cooked throughout.
In a large mixing bowl, combine noodles, cauliflower and chicken. Sprinkle with seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and parsley). Add buffalo sauce, ranch, cream cheese and fat free yogurt and stir to combine
Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray then add mac and cheese. Top with feta cheese and sprinkle with panko bread crumbs. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes until lightly brown.
• Recipe makes 4 servings (each serving about 354g/12.5oz.)
• Each serving: 316 calories, 7.1g Fat, 33g Carbohydrates, 34.5g Protein