Muffins are the perfect snack for just about any time of day. These mini muffins are lightly sweet with hints of almond and nutty notes from the poppy seeds. About 3 grams protein per mini muffin and they make a great pre-workout snack.
• 1 T. (14g) coconut oil, melted and cooled
• 1 small container (4oz, 111g) unsweetened applesauce
• ¼ cup (56g) non-fat greek yogurt
• 2 T. Splenda (or other no-calorie sweetener)
• 1 tsp. almond extract
• 1 egg
• ½ tsp. baking powder
• 2 tsp. poppy seeds
• 40g Core Nutritionals PRO Vanilla Crème
• 2 T. (14g) almond flour
• ¼ cup (23g) paleo flour
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil until smooth. Whisk in applesauce, greek yogurt and Splenda. Beat in almond extract and egg. Add remaining dry ingredients: baking powder, poppy seeds, vanilla protein, almond flour and paleo flour, mixing until just incorporated. Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and fill mini muffin tins with batter. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly brown. Let cool muffins for 5 minutes in the pan then carefully remove muffin using a butter knife to release edges and place on cooling rack. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
• Serving Size: 1 mini muffin
• Servings: 18
• 33 calories, 2.8g Protein, 2.2g Carbohydrates, 1.8g Fat