Cauliflower mash is a great way to reduce the carbohydrates in a meal yet still give it great flavor. Paired with some sautéed veggies and a side of juicy steak, you’ll love this meal!
• 12 oz. sirloin steak, cut into cubes
• 1 T. Worchestire, 1 T. soy sauce, 1 T. rice vinegar, 1 T. balsamic vinegar, 2 T. water
• 1 tsp. steak seasoning
• 1 head cauliflower (about 558g)
• 1 T. reduced calorie butter
• 2 whole (about 250g) zucchini or squash
• 1 whole (about 240g) red pepper
• ½ cup (75g) red onion
• ¼ tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder
Trim fat from steak, cut bite sized chunks and place in a large zip lock bag. Add steak marinade and steak seasoning, shaking to coat. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Cut cauliflower into chunks. Boil over medium-high heat until softened about 6-8 minutes. Place cauliflower in a food processor with 1 T. light butter and puree until smooth. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Cut zucchini, bell pepper and onion into slices. In a skillet over medium heat, spray with non-stick cooking spray and sauté vegetables until softened then set aside. In the same skillet place heat on medium-high and cook steak flipping until cooked on all sides.
• Recipe makes 3 servings
• Each serving: 255 calories, 33.3g Protein, 14.4g Carbohydrates, 7.3g Fat
Note: For precise measurements, weigh total amounts of cooked food for then divide by 3 equal servings. Moisture in food can alter weight.